Download the Report
Who Should Read This Report
Mobile App Developers and Managers looking for a more efficient way to build high performance mobile apps
Service Providers looking for new ways to reach the developer channel
Why Read This Report – What will you learn?
- How far along the market is in adopting these frameworks and should developers consider adopting Native JS Frameworks. How much of a priority should it be?
- What opportunities this trend creates for developers and software vendors.
- What the differentiators are between various players in the space.
Three vendors are approaching the market from three different directions with separate business models and value propositions. Each offering provides various levels of reach, performance, and developer productivity.
Market Outlook & Adoption – Measuring how quickly developers are adopting and evaluating native JS frameworks
Vendor Analysis and Comparison – Evaluating each framework’s strengths and weaknesses across a number of different categories including: Performance, Reliability, Mobile OS Support, Maturity, Ease of Use, Flexibility, Business Model, Ecosystem & Tools.
Recommendations – Helping developers choose frameworks and advising vendors and service provider on where they can add value.
Total Pages: 28
To support the conclusions in this analysis, Smith’s Point Analytics interviewed framework vendors as well as users, ecosystem players and service providers. The study also includes a survey of mobile developers designed help the industry better understand awareness, adoption and developer challenges. A total of 47 developers responded to the survey.
List of Figures
- Figure 1 – Comparing App Architectures. 5
- Figure 3 – Difficulty Overcoming Challenges. 7
- Figure 5 – Most Popular Development Languages. 9
- Figure 6 – Weighted Average Years’ Experience Using Language. 10
- Figure 7 – Developers Exposure to TypeScript. 11
- Figure 8 – Impression of TypeScript. 12
- Figure 9 – Native JS Framework Influence on Cordova Use. 13
- Figure 11 – Awareness of Native JS Frameworks. 15
- Figure 12 – Developers Interested in Building Components for Native JS Frameworks. 21
- Figure 13 – Framework Ecosystems Developers are interested in Developing Components for. 21
- Figure 14 – Factors For Choosing Ecosystem.. 22
- Figure 16 – Vendor Rankings by Category. 25